Speaking about buying a lifetime cloud space, without subscription, there are not so many actors offering such a deal. There is only one serious one: pCloud.
Who is pCloud ?
pCloud is based in Switzerland. However the data centres are located in the US (Dallas) and in Europe (Luxembourg). Main features include:
- Share links and File requests
- 5 copies of files on different servers
- Selective offline access
- File versioning and data recovery
Lifetime cloud space, without subscription,
pCloud has three offers:
- 10 GB: free
- 500 GB: 175 euros
- 2 TB: 350 euros
pCloud 10 GB: free
This solution is free and lifetime as long as you have used it in the last few months
pCloud 500 GB: 175 euros for life
500 GB for 175 euros is the basic offer of pCloud.
In comparison you could have:
- a similar 500 Go SSD would cost 50 euros, however it is not backed-up and remotely accessible
- a 200 Go monthly subscription on gDrive or OneDrive is around 3 euros per month (however, you won’t have access to Docs, Sheets, etc… on pCloud)
So for 175 euros, you could buy 3 equivalent 500 Go hard drive, or 5 years of 200 Go gDrive.
And if you are willing to wait for Flack Friday, you can get this same offer for around 100 euros ($122).
pCloud 2 TB: 350 euros for life
2TB for 350 euros is the other offer of pCloud: 4 times more space for twice the price.
In comparison you could have::
- a similar 2TB Go SSD would cost 200 euros, however it is not backed-up and remotely accessible
- a 2 TB monthly subscription on gDrive or OneDrive is around 10 euros per month.
So for 350 euros, you could buy 1 equivalent 2 TB hard drive, or 3 years of 2TB Go gDrive. This offer seems to us rather interesting.
And if you are willing to wait for Flack Friday, you can get this same offer for around 200 euros ($245), which is even interesting
Data security and encryption
Keeping your data secure and encrypted is vital.
Two solutions are possible on pCloud. Both solutions work perfectly well and are very similar.
pCloud in-house Crypto solution
The default solution proposed by pCloud is a paid proprietary option (125 USD) which is integrated to their apps.
Cryptomator free solution
The free cryptomator tool is fully recognised by pCloud, and permit to create unlimited vaults for free. It works like a charm.