Here is a help tuto to help you if you can not change your password, and if you can’t see anymore your NAS server anymore (after changing your password).
PLEX cyber attack
Your probably received this email end of August 2022…
Action required: Important notice of a potential data breach Dear Plex User, We want you to be aware of an incident involving your Plex account information yesterday. While we believe the actual impact of this incident is limited, we want to ensure you have the right information and tools to keep your account secure. [...]
No, it is not a fake.
Yes, Plex was hacked !
Unblock changing / renewing your password
If you are blocked changing your password, here is the steps to solve the problem.
How to receive your password
If changing your password did not work and if when clicking the link receive a new password nothing happen, then you must request PLEX to send it manually here:
You have to create a temporary account on plex, provide your real account, and let the staff send you the link.
How to claim your server
- Open the local/bundled version of the Plex from your NAS Synology (not from your mobile, not from your computer, not from your mac)
- Sign in to your Plex account under the menu on the top right.
- Click the Settings button in the top bar
- Under the server entry in the sidebar, select General
- If more than one Plex Media Server is present on the network, select the server in which you’re interested by using the dropdown on the left.
- Under General on the left, if your Plex Media Server is not currently signed in, you can sign in using the Claim Server button
That will claim (sign in) the server using the Plex account signed in to that web app (from step 2).